- Completion of Algebra for Scientists and Engineers (MAT 1073) with a grade of at least a “C-” will serve as a prerequisite.
- Placement into Pre-Calculus (MAT 1093) through the UTSA math placement exam or the ALEKS math placement exam at UTSA will serve as a prerequisite satisfaction.
- A grade of “C-” or better in Basic Chemistry (CHE 1073).
- AP credit for MAT 1093, 1214 or CHE 1073 will serve as a prerequisite satisfaction sufficient for enrollment in General Chemistry (CHE 1103).
If one of the aforementioned prerequisites is not met in the Banner system then the student will not be allowed to register for General Chemistry I (CHE 1103).
- This test may be taken only once, so come prepared!
- The fee for Chemistry Placement is $20 and is charged to the student’s UTSA account immediately following the test.
- A scientific non-graphing calculator is permitted.
Log into ASAP to sign up for the Chemistry Placement exam; no walk-in slots are available. Students have 90 minutes to complete the exam.