Locations and Directions
CBE, CLEP (Essay Only), Correspondence
Certiport, FACT, IS1403, PACE, Remote IS1403, Virtual PACE, TSI, Virtual TSI, Virtual FACT, CBE
CLEP, DSST, TCEQ
Remote TSI Details
This option is best suited for students who live outside of San Antonio. If you choose this option, then you will take your TSIA for UTSA at a remote College Board-approved testing site. These sites are typically colleges and universities located throughout the country.
Your UTSA student account will be charged $45 (or $50 beginning with your third attempt on the TSIA) at the conclusion of your test. You will not be charged until you take the exam. Additionally, the remote site will charge a sitting fee that varies from institution to institution.
1) Locate a nearby site that meets the following criteria:
• The site must be a member of the College Board Remote Testing Network. NOTE: the proctor cannot be your teacher or any other individual with a stake in your academic success.
The proctor must be unrelated to you. Parents, aunts, uncles, older siblings, etc. are not allowed.
• The site must be able to communicate with UTSA officials via a professional email address (e.g. email@example.com) and phone number. Due to security concerns, we cannot communicate with proctors via a non-professional email domain such as Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail.
• The site must be able to return documents either by scanned email (preferred method) or by fax.
2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your full legal name as it would appear on an official transcript (no nicknames or abbreviations).
Your UTSA student ID number (e.g. “@01234567” or “ABC123”).
- Student contact information (phone number, email address)
- Testing institution contact information (Name of College or University, phone number, email address)
A UTSA Testing Services staff member will determine your eligibility to take the Remote TSI Assessment. The staff member will notify you via email if you qualify. You and your proctor will then receive a voucher number via email. This voucher number will be unique to you and will allow your proctor to administer the test remotely.
*Note: This option is for students that live outside of the San Antonio Area