In response to the continued developments of COVID-19 and to support the health and wellbeing of our university community, all in person Orientation programs in the month of April and May will be moved to an online delivery format. Students who are in-person April/May orientation will be automatically moved to an online orientation and credited the $25 deposit by Friday, March 20th. Please note if your family signed up for a family Orientation, we do not have an online option at this time. For questions please email email@example.com. We will continue to update this page regarding orientation as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic.
Remote TSI Assessment
Before taking the Remote TSI Assessment, you must first complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) for UTSA via the link below. Important: Select UTSA as your designated institution. Do not select the institution where you will test remotely.
- Do you need to take the TSI Assessment for UTSA?
- Have you completed the mandatory Pre-assessment Activity (PAA)?
Locate a nearby proctor that meets the following criteria:
- The proctor must be a member of the College Board Remote Testing Network and work at a college or university testing facility. NOTE: the proctor cannot be your teacher or any other individual with a stake in your academic success.
The proctor must be unrelated to you. Parents, aunts, uncles, older siblings, etc. are not allowed.
- The proctor must be able to communicate with UTSA officials via a professional email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and phone number. Due to security concerns, we cannot communicate with the proctor via a non-professional email domain such as Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail.
- The proctor must be able to return documents either by scanned email (preferred method) or by fax.
Send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your full legal name as it would appear on an official transcript (no nicknames or abbreviations).
- Your UTSA student ID number (e.g. “@01234567” or “ABC123”).
- Your proctor’s full legal name.
- Your proctor’s professional email address and professional phone number.
- The state or country where the exam will be administered.
- The name of the college or university where the exam will be administered.
NOTE: You may have seen a session for Remote TSI Assessment posted on ASAP. This session is merely a placeholder; do not register for it via ASAP. You are not limited to the times and dates listed on ASAP. You may take the exam at a time and date that works best for you and your proctor.
A UTSA Testing Services staff member will determine your eligibility to take the Remote TSI Assessment. The staff member will notify you via email if you qualify. You and your proctor will then receive a voucher number via email. This voucher number will be unique to you and will allow your proctor to administer the test remotely. Your proctor will also receive a disclaimer to be completed and returned to our office immediately after testing concludes.