Correspondence testing is offered to UTSA students and non-UTSA students who are taking academic courses at other colleges/universities and are required to have their exams (such as mid-terms and finals) proctored at a testing facility. Correspondence testing does not include exams that are to be taken for admissions requirements into a program or university or any state or university certification exams.
- Dates are available between September – Dec. 18, 2019 for fall semester and January 6 – May 1, 2020. We do not offer Correspondence testing in most of May, June, July, or August. due to intake of new students and finals processing.
- The Testing Services office must be contacted at least three (3) weeks prior to any proposed exam date.
- The Main Campus (1604) office provides this service on Tuesdays at 8:30 am.
- The Downtown Campus office provides this service on Wednesdays at 2:00 pm.
- Test fees are payable online prior to the day of the scheduled exam.
How do I set up a correspondence test?
Email the Testing Services office at email@example.com – your email must include the following information:
- Current UTSA student: Yes or No?
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Institution requesting you take the test
- Instructor’s name
- Instructor’s email address
- Type of exam: paper/pencil or computerized
- Time allowed for the exam
- Any special accommodations needed
- A proposed Tuesday (Main Campus) or Wednesday (Downtown Campus) test date (must be at least 3 weeks from date of your request)
You must also attach the Correspondence Request Form to your email.
Once Testing Services has a tentative agreement with a student to proctor an exam, the student must then make sure that…
- The originating institution has mailed the exam to Testing Services.
- If the exam is pencil/paper, either you or the originating institution has provided a postage-paid envelope in order to return the completed materials.
- UTSA has received the exam at least five (5) business days prior to the exam date. If UTSA has not received the exam at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled date, then the exam is subject to rescheduling due to staffing obligations. This requirement applies to exams being sent by fax, mail, or electronic methods.
Contact us once the exam has arrived to confirm the scheduled test time.
As the student seeking to add official documents to your academic record, you must make contact with the Testing Services personnel and confirm your test is ready to proceed. A lack of communication (not responding to emails or phone calls from the proctor) or communicating through a third party (having a parent, guardian, or instructor contact on your behalf only) means that you have chosen not to test at UTSA.
- $50 per scheduled exam
All fees are due prior to testing. Payment must be completed online through the links below.
Click Below for Payments for Main and Downtown Campuses:
On Test Day
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Bring a valid, non-expired, photo ID.
- Bring any approved materials (e.g., calculator, ruler) approved for your exam.
- Main Campus – Multidisciplinary Studies Building, Room 1.01.04
- Downtown Campus – Buena Vista Building, Room 1.302