DANTES (DSST) exams are offered to military and non-military personnel in a variety of subjects and can take the place of traditional course attendance to save you time and money while working towards your degree plan requirements.
DANTES/DSST at UTSA
- National DANTES/DSST examinations are offered weekly through the UTSA Testing Services offices.
- To be eligible to receive UTSA credit for the DANTES/DSST exams, a student must have earned no college or university transcript credit in that subject area at the time he or she takes the examination.
- Although it is not necessary to be a UTSA student to take a national DANTES/DSST test through the UTSA Testing Services office, no UTSA credit is awarded until the individual is registered for courses at UTSA. Individuals seeking credit from another college or university should check that institution’s credit by examination policies before registering for a national DANTES/DSST examination.
- Any DANTES/DSST exams taken prior to January 1, 2004 are not accepted for credit at UTSA.
Upon a successful registration, you will receive an email confirmation. Print your confirmation receipt and bring it with you on your test date. IMPORTANT: If you do not receive an email confirmation, please check your spam blocker. Please email email@example.com with any online registration issues.
YOU MUST BE AT TESTING LOCATION 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR DESIGNATED TEST TIME. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
- The DANTES/DSST test costs $105 split between two separate payments.
- The UTSA registration fee is $35 (non-refundable) paid during online registration by VISA, MasterCard or Echeck.
- Test fee payable to “DSST” is $85 by credit card on the day of the exam. Credit card is the only available form of payment on test day.
- You will be allowed one reschedule, but you must contact Testing Services at least 2 weeks (10 business days) prior to your scheduled test date.
- Two forms of photo ID are required on test day. The primary document must be a valid (non-expired), government-issued ID with a photo and signature (e.g, driver’s license, passport). The secondary document may be a student ID, employee ID, Social Security Card, military ID with signature only, or an additional government-issued ID.
- The same DSST subject can only be taken once every 30 days.
- Printed copy of confirmation email is required at check-in.
- DSST tests are computerized. Pencil and scratch paper are provided. Calculators are not allowed.
- Cell phones/electronic devices are not allowed.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the testing room.
- UTSA is an “open” DANTES/DSST testing location, so any member of the community may utilize our services; you need not be a UTSA student.
- View the current chart above for UTSA credit. If you are seeking credit for an institution other than UTSA, then review your institution’s DSST credit policies before registering for a DSST test.
DANTES/DSST registration is completed online. Select the campus where you would like to take your exam.
Two separate fees are required to take a DANTES/DSST exam. The UTSA fee must be paid online during the registration process.
- $35 nonrefundable UTSA registration fee payable by MasterCard, VISA, or Echeck.
- $80 DANTES/DSST test fee payable by credit card (only on the day of the test). When you log into the computer to take the test, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information. The following credit cards are acceptable: American Express, VISA, Master Card, Discover, and JCB.
All fees are subject to change.
You will be allowed one reschedule, but you must contact the Testing Services office no less than 2 weeks (10 business days) prior to the scheduled test date.
You must wait at least 30 days before retaking a DANTES/DSST test.