Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA2)
If you are interested in taking the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) for UTSA, you have several options available to you. Please familiarize yourself with the four options outlined below and decide which one best suits your needs.
Option One: TSIA2 (In Person)
If you live in San Antonio, then this option would be best for you. We offer testing opportunities at UTSA throughout the week.
Your UTSA student account will be charged $45 (or $50 beginning with your third attempt on the TSIA) at the conclusion of your test. You will not be charged until you complete the exam.
1) Log into ASAP.
2) Click “Student Services.”
3) Click “Testing Services Office (Test Registration).”
4) Confirm your TSI status and click “Continue.”
5) Click “Register for Test Session.”
6) Select “TSI Assessment.”
7) Choose a date, time, and location that works best for you.
Option 2: Remote TSIA2
This option is best suited for students who live outside of San Antonio. If you choose this option, then you will take your TSIA for UTSA at a remote College Board-approved testing site. These sites are typically colleges and universities located throughout the country.
Your UTSA student account will be charged $45 (or $50 beginning with your third attempt on the TSIA) at the conclusion of your test. You will not be charged until you take the exam. Additionally, the remote site will charge a sitting fee that varies from institution to institution.
1) Locate a nearby site that meets the following criteria:
• The site must be a member of the College Board Remote Testing Network. NOTE: the proctor cannot be your teacher or any other individual with a stake in your academic success.
The proctor must be unrelated to you. Parents, aunts, uncles, older siblings, etc. are not allowed.
• The site must be able to communicate with UTSA officials via a professional email address (e.g. email@example.com) and phone number. Due to security concerns, we cannot communicate with proctors via a non-professional email domain such as Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail.
• The site must be able to return documents either by scanned email (preferred method) or by fax.
2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
• Your full legal name as it would appear on an official transcript (no nicknames or abbreviations).
• Your UTSA student ID number (e.g. “@01234567” or “ABC123”).
A UTSA Testing Services staff member will determine your eligibility to take the Remote TSI Assessment. The staff member will notify you via email if you qualify. You and your proctor will then receive a voucher number via email. This voucher number will be unique to you and will allow your proctor to administer the test remotely.
*Note: This option is for students that live outside of the San Antonio Area
Option 3: Virtual TSIA2 Exam via Zoom
If you are interested in taking the TSI Exam via Zoom, please visit our Virtual TSI Page for step by step instructions.
Option 4: Examity TSIA2
If you live a considerable distance from UTSA or if you would simply prefer to test from the convenience of your home, then Examity TSIA2 would be the best fit for you. Examity is a secure online proctoring service that allows you to take your TSIA2 from the comfort of your own home at your convenience (any time of day, any day of the week).
*Note: It can take up to 2 business days to create your voucher.
Simply email email@example.com and tell us you would like for us to create a testing voucher through Examity. We will need your full name and UTSA ID number.
Your UTSA student account will be charged $45 (or $50 beginning with your third attempt on the TSIA) at the conclusion of your test. You will not be charged until you take the exam. Additionally, Examity will charge an extra $20 fee to utilize their service.